Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

If anyone is thinking about getting aftermarket wheels for their Integra, what models, sizes, and tires are you thinking of getting.

Here's an Integra I saw on Facebook with 19/9.5 35 offset 255/35/19 wheels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Those look outstanding, though I wonder if they rub. (Wider wheels on my GX470 looked awesome, but because the truck wasn't lifted, the tires rubbed at full lock, and I did a kludge-y job getting the fender liners out of the way. It helped a bit but I never fully resolved the issue.)

I am thinking ahead to how this car will behave on our rough New England roads, and I'm also thinking about whether I could swing a set of aftermarket wheels and summer tires (and setting up the stock 18" wheels with winter tires as a dedicated winter set). I'm actually curious about downsizing -- looking into 17" wheel options and nice high-performance rubber with a meatier sidewall. Putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm thinking about a set of Sparcos with some Yokohama Advan Flevas. I had a similar (albeit smaller) setup on my beater Honda Fit and I absolutely loved them:

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look outstanding, though I wonder if they rub. (Wider wheels on my GX470 looked awesome, but because the truck wasn't lifted, the tires rubbed at full lock, and I did a kludge-y job getting the fender liners out of the way. It helped a bit but I never fully resolved the issue.)

I am thinking ahead to how this car will behave on our rough New England roads, and I'm also thinking about whether I could swing a set of aftermarket wheels and summer tires (and setting up the stock 18" wheels with winter tires as a dedicated winter set). I'm actually curious about downsizing -- looking into 17" wheel options and nice high-performance rubber with a meatier sidewall. Putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm thinking about a set of Sparcos with some Yokohama Advan Flevas. I had a similar (albeit smaller) setup on my beater Honda Fit and I absolutely loved them:

View attachment 1458
Yeah when I saw the specs the first thing I thought of was the wheel rub. I think 17s would look great on the Integra, especially if you're concerned with the ride on rough roads.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah when I saw the specs the first thing I thought of was the wheel rub. I think 17s would look great on the Integra, especially if you're concerned with the ride on rough roads.
They admittedly do make the car look sick though. And I'm biased towards that color combo as well!

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Sky

I feel like 17s would look pretty nice, especially with a mild lowering spring, and I have grown to like the look of fatter sidewalls (lot of great Hondas and Miatas out there that look pretty fantastic). And if they absorb the bumps and lessen the risk of pothole blowouts, even better! Having said that, I can't imagine I will be messing with the suspension much -- or anything, really -- until the warranty is up. I'm guessing wheels and tires are fine and won't jeopardize any of that, but I will be checking first.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AHC Garage installed Mugen wheels and Vossen HF-5 wheels on the Integra.

On the car they used:

• Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs, height lowered -1.7" all around.
  • Mugen MDC wheels 19x8.5 +45 with Continental ExtremeContact Tires
  • Gloss Black Vossen HF-5 wheels 19x8.5 +32

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts