Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

If anyone is thinking about getting aftermarket wheels for their Integra, what models, sizes, and tires are you thinking of getting.

Here's an Integra I saw on Facebook with 19/9.5 35 offset 255/35/19 wheels.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those look outstanding, though I wonder if they rub. (Wider wheels on my GX470 looked awesome, but because the truck wasn't lifted, the tires rubbed at full lock, and I did a kludge-y job getting the fender liners out of the way. It helped a bit but I never fully resolved the issue.)

I am thinking ahead to how this car will behave on our rough New England roads, and I'm also thinking about whether I could swing a set of aftermarket wheels and summer tires (and setting up the stock 18" wheels with winter tires as a dedicated winter set). I'm actually curious about downsizing -- looking into 17" wheel options and nice high-performance rubber with a meatier sidewall. Putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm thinking about a set of Sparcos with some Yokohama Advan Flevas. I had a similar (albeit smaller) setup on my beater Honda Fit and I absolutely loved them:

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look outstanding, though I wonder if they rub. (Wider wheels on my GX470 looked awesome, but because the truck wasn't lifted, the tires rubbed at full lock, and I did a kludge-y job getting the fender liners out of the way. It helped a bit but I never fully resolved the issue.)

I am thinking ahead to how this car will behave on our rough New England roads, and I'm also thinking about whether I could swing a set of aftermarket wheels and summer tires (and setting up the stock 18" wheels with winter tires as a dedicated winter set). I'm actually curious about downsizing -- looking into 17" wheel options and nice high-performance rubber with a meatier sidewall. Putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm thinking about a set of Sparcos with some Yokohama Advan Flevas. I had a similar (albeit smaller) setup on my beater Honda Fit and I absolutely loved them:

View attachment 1458
Yeah when I saw the specs the first thing I thought of was the wheel rub. I think 17s would look great on the Integra, especially if you're concerned with the ride on rough roads.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah when I saw the specs the first thing I thought of was the wheel rub. I think 17s would look great on the Integra, especially if you're concerned with the ride on rough roads.
They admittedly do make the car look sick though. And I'm biased towards that color combo as well!

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Sky

I feel like 17s would look pretty nice, especially with a mild lowering spring, and I have grown to like the look of fatter sidewalls (lot of great Hondas and Miatas out there that look pretty fantastic). And if they absorb the bumps and lessen the risk of pothole blowouts, even better! Having said that, I can't imagine I will be messing with the suspension much -- or anything, really -- until the warranty is up. I'm guessing wheels and tires are fine and won't jeopardize any of that, but I will be checking first.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AHC Garage installed Mugen wheels and Vossen HF-5 wheels on the Integra.

On the car they used:

• Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs, height lowered -1.7" all around.
  • Mugen MDC wheels 19x8.5 +45 with Continental ExtremeContact Tires
  • Gloss Black Vossen HF-5 wheels 19x8.5 +32

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
212 Posts
That looks very sharp. Question for you: can you tell me the width and the offset of those wheels? I don't think I'll go quite as bold as purple, but those look fantastic with the silver, and I am looking into wheels for down the road that sit a little more flush than stock (though not so wide that they rub at full lock).

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks very sharp. Question for you: can you tell me the width and the offset of those wheels? I don't think I'll go quite as bold as purple, but those look fantastic with the silver, and I am looking into wheels for down the road that sit a little more flush than stock (though not so wide that they rub at full lock).
No problem 👍

They're just from my old ILX, might change it up next year

·
Registered
2023 Integra 6MT
10 Posts
You can follow his IG (we're both local bois) 🇨🇦
Ayyy Toronto boys! I'm picking up my MT Carbon Grey Integra this Monday. Super excited. First Japanese car as my previous ones were all (track modded) VWs. Totalled my 2017 golf R last month at Calabogie. Looking forward to seeing what this 1.5L can do!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ayyy Toronto boys! I'm picking up my MT Carbon Grey Integra this Monday. Super excited. First Japanese car as my previous ones were all (track modded) VWs. Totalled my 2017 golf R last month at Calabogie. Looking forward to seeing what this 1.5L can do!
Welcome to the forum @Chinosabi! Congrats on getting your Integra, let us know how pickup goes on Monday. What convinced you to go with the Integra as your first Japanese car?

What happened to your Golf R that it was totalled?

·
Registered
2023 Integra 6MT
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Chinosabi! Congrats on getting your Integra, let us know how pickup goes on Monday. What convinced you to go with the Integra as your first Japanese car?

What happened to your Golf R that it was totalled?
Thank you so much and will do! I was on the race track at the end of September and lost control on a corner after ripping past some cars on the back straight. Went backwards into the steel barrier and completely destroyed it.

When I was searching for a new car, I was originally looking at an Audi S3 or S5 but the driving experience was so dull. Yes, it had the power and the luxury feel, but I felt so far removed from the driving experience. It really confirmed how much I enjoy the engagement of a stick shift. I prioritized finding a car that put a smile on my face, that was fun to drive, and had a good level of refinement/luxury feel. The new MK8 GTIs and Rs also didn't do it for me - the interior is far worse than the Civic IMO. I'm also not a huge fan of the Hyundai N series myself, though I do appreciate them for what they are and they have nice power.

I didn't even know they released a MT Integra till recently so it popped out of left field. Test drove one, was super impressed, it checked off a lot of my boxes, and I finally chased one down with the specs I wanted. Power is less than my 400+hp tuned Golf R, but finding more power in a Honda is never a problem ;). Looking forward to starting my build on a new platform!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thank you so much and will do! I was on the race track at the end of September and lost control on a corner after ripping past some cars on the back straight. Went backwards into the steel barrier and completely destroyed it.

When I was searching for a new car, I was originally looking at an Audi S3 or S5 but the driving experience was so dull. Yes, it had the power and the luxury feel, but I felt so far removed from the driving experience. It really confirmed how much I enjoy the engagement of a stick shift. I prioritized finding a car that put a smile on my face, that was fun to drive, and had a good level of refinement/luxury feel. The new MK8 GTIs and Rs also didn't do it for me - the interior is far worse than the Civic IMO. I'm also not a huge fan of the Hyundai N series myself, though I do appreciate them for what they are and they have nice power.

I didn't even know they released a MT Integra till recently so it popped out of left field. Test drove one, was super impressed, it checked off a lot of my boxes, and I finally chased one down with the specs I wanted. Power is less than my 400+hp tuned Golf R, but finding more power in a Honda is never a problem ;). Looking forward to starting my build on a new platform!
you certainly can always find power in a Honda motor that's for sure. Plus the manual transmission is one of the best you can get. Too bad about your accident on the track. Were you ok?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts