Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I finally installed a few of the options I have purchased on my 6MT A-Spec.

• Rear Diffuser
  • Side Skirts
  • Rear Black Emblem
  • Illuminated Front Emblem
Still have a little more to put on (Black A-Spec Emblems and Carbon Fiber Spoiler) but those will come soon enough. Also may end up doing the mud flaps for them.

And to beat out comments, I was at my buddy's house. Motorcycles and Supra aren't mine. His Supra is sick though.

For instructions, I used the factory Honda/Acura instructions (there is a thread in this forum with them) and a little reference to the AHC Garage videos. It wasn't too difficult really, just took our time to try and not mess anything up. Clicking the factory side skirt back into the car is probably one of the most satisfying feelings. Once all of the clips line up and you start to press it in, they all just sort of suck themselves into place with a satisfying click sound. Hard to explain it without seeing it for yourself.

Factory Diffuser - Side
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Optional Diffuser - Side
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Factory Diffuser - Rear
Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Optional Diffuser/ Black A mark - Rear
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire

Optional Side Skirts
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Optional Illuminated Front Emblem

Car Vehicle Plant Grille Hood

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Over the weekend I finally installed a few of the options I have purchased on my 6MT A-Spec.

• Rear Diffuser
  • Side Skirts
  • Rear Black Emblem
  • Illuminated Front Emblem
Still have a little more to put on (Black A-Spec Emblems and Carbon Fiber Spoiler) but those will come soon enough. Also may end up doing the mud flaps for them.

And to beat out comments, I was at my buddy's house. Motorcycles and Supra aren't mine. His Supra is sick though.

For instructions, I used the factory Honda/Acura instructions (there is a thread in this forum with them) and a little reference to the AHC Garage videos. It wasn't too difficult really, just took our time to try and not mess anything up. Clicking the factory side skirt back into the car is probably one of the most satisfying feelings. Once all of the clips line up and you start to press it in, they all just sort of suck themselves into place with a satisfying click sound. Hard to explain it without seeing it for yourself.

Factory Diffuser - Side
View attachment 1706

Optional Diffuser - Side
View attachment 1705

Factory Diffuser - Rear
View attachment 1712

Optional Diffuser/ Black A mark - Rear
View attachment 1711

Optional Side Skirts
View attachment 1710 View attachment 1708

Optional Illuminated Front Emblem

View attachment 1709
View attachment 1707
Excellent job @InvasiveSpecies thanks a lot for sharing the photos! Roughly how long did it take for you to install everything so far?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The emblem itself wasn’t too bad. Taking off the bumper was a bunch of clips, 2 bolts, and 4 screws. Don’t get a lot of room to pull out and disconnect the wire connections, definitely have a second set of hands. The old emblem is held on with 2 screws, then you use the template to drill and cut out the opening for the electronic components of them new emblems. No going back at that point, you are cutting out the mounting point for the original emblem. Then it’s the primer, adhere the emblem, and run the wiring. The instructions were clear for most of it, where they recommended some of the wire ties weren’t as clear but figured it out.

As for how long the whole thing took. It took us about 5 hours total. That included stopping to eat lunch, taking breaks, and taking our time. Front and rear emblem, side skirts, and the rear diffuser. Probably worked 3-4 hours of actual working time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts