Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
By any measure it will pretty much be forever before one of these gets to our local dealer. Already had a deposit for months, but the fresh green leaves of Spring will lay withered and brown in the Fall before we see a car from them.

So I put on a new set of 200 tw tires and replaced the rotors and pads on our 2015 Si (avatar). Thousands more miles to enjoy this special little car.

And who knows what other cars might come along by then? Maybe an S will happen before next year’s new green leaves appear.

·
Registered
374 Posts
By any measure it will pretty much be forever before one of these gets to our local dealer. Already had a deposit for months, but the fresh green leaves of Spring will lay withered and brown in the Fall before we see a car from them.

So I put on a new set of 200 tw tires and replaced the rotors and pads on our 2015 Si (avatar). Thousands more miles to enjoy this special little car.

And who knows what other cars might come along by then? Maybe an S will happen before next year’s new green leaves appear.
What makes you think it's going to take that long for Integras to reach your local dealer @Xhilr8n!?

·
Registered
76 Posts
What makes you think it's going to take that long for Integras to reach your local dealer @Xhilr8n!?
Smallish dealership. Had a deposit there for 5 months for an Si before they told me they really have no chance to get an orange one this year. We punted and moved the deposit across the street to their sister Acura dealership.

No “allocation”, no number in line. I told them “this year” and they said it would be better than that. I’m not color specific as long as it is a color not a grayscale (some variant of black and white including silver)

Once they begin deliveries and a couple of months pass I could go all over the web and hunt for one. Seems that’s how it is done nowadays. We have brought all our cars home that way since the Si in 2015. Several nice cars delivered to our door. Have flown a few states away to bring them back.

Maybe I’m wrong and the phone will ring tomorrow but just in case, the Si is set up as my best way through crosstown traffic on a sunny day. The new tires feel good. Very good at times on backroads. Good sport.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Didn't see that on the website. Confirm if means 6MT pre-orders delayed - appears they are having supply issue due to higher demand than anticipated?
It only means if you reserve a 6MT model now, then don't count on it getting to your dealership until late summer--they're bound to run into supply issues at some point, but even though the 6MT option was the most commonly reserved, only a small fraction of the total Integras that Acura sells this year/future will be 6MT. Reservations aside, Acura's going to prioritize for sales, and total sales will be largely CVT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Makes sense. Let the actual demand drive production. So most MT sales will be by pre-order rather than from dealer stock. Can someone clarify if Acura will be assigning build numbers in a fashion so that customers can track progress of pre-orders thru the system?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Makes sense. Let the actual demand drive production. So most MT sales will be by pre-order rather than from dealer stock. Can someone clarify if Acura will be assigning build numbers in a fashion so that customers can track progress of pre-orders thru the system?
Keep in mind these aren't exactly "pre-orders", Acura is making what they're going to make and dealerships will have to sell whatever they receive, just like with every other car. The reservation helps your dealer try to secure your preferred color/trim from Acura, and ensures you have the first chance to buy it if Acura does send it to the dealer.

Most dealerships know what Integras they've been allocated to sell, at least for the near-term and some have build windows. Once the build window passes and if that allocation is built, it's assigned a VIN and your dealership should receive that VIN confirming the car does exist. The car will go from Marysville to Chicago for distribution, then to dealerships by ~2-3 weeks after it's built.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keep in mind these aren't exactly "pre-orders", Acura is making what they're going to make and dealerships will have to sell whatever they receive, just like with every other car. The reservation helps your dealer try to secure your preferred color/trim from Acura, and ensures you have the first chance to buy it if Acura does send it to the dealer.

Most dealerships know what Integras they've been allocated to sell, at least for the near-term and some have build windows. Once the build window passes and if that allocation is built, it's assigned a VIN and your dealership should receive that VIN confirming the car does exist. The car will go from Marysville to Chicago for distribution, then to dealerships by ~2-3 weeks after it's built.
Is this official or speculation? The "pre-orders" were defined / limited packages. I understand Acura wanting to distribute them widely by geography and other criteria, but the pre-orders would still be a priority - and would simplify the initial production runs..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is this official or speculation? The "pre-orders" were defined / limited packages. I understand Acura wanting to distribute them widely by geography and other criteria, but the pre-orders would still be a priority - and would simplify the initial production runs..
This is all pretty clear based on the Terms & Conditions for the Integra reservation program (reserveOnline) and what you'll find at dealerships--most of the dealerships I've spoken with have build dates for Integras that were allocated to them by Acura but weren't ordered via the reservation system (Base models, and vehicles with different color combos like Lunar Silver/Ebony, Black/Red, White/Ebony) and most also confirmed they have people who put in reservations still waiting on build dates for their vehicles despite having others on the way.

"Your reservation secures your approximate priority for taking delivery of a vehicle. Participation in the Reserve Program does not guarantee you a vehicle delivery... Please note that vehicle option availability may be subject to change. Model year, paint color and other options are not guaranteed and are subject to production or sales restrictions."

Building nothing but reservation vehicles to start would seem to simplify things, totally agree, but it's Acura's call and they've only committed to approximate priority.

Edit: If you were asking about the process of going from build window, to VIN, distribution to dealership, that's the same process as the other Acuras built in Marysville.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts