Looking for some friendly advice, folks. My reservation was put in at a dealership, and my only communication thus far has been with an internet sales manager. I sent them a follow-up message on Sunday and hoped to hear back yesterday, but have yet to receive a response, and it's got me a bit on edge. I tried to be as friendly as possible and indicate that I wanted to purchase the car from that specific dealership:
"I am excited about this purchase, and I just wanted to check on a couple of things to make sure we are still on track:
1. Can [DEALERSHIP] commit to selling me the car at MSRP?
2. Will there be any “mandatory” dealer packages? (I am actually considering a few dealer add-ons that I would definitely like, for what it’s worth — just want to know what to expect, and I’d rather not be forced to purchase things I don’t want or need.)
If MSRP and no mandatory add-ons are doable, I am still very much on board — I am super excited about the car and I’d rather not cross-shop at this point. That said, the 6MT Integra is at the top of my budget at ~$40k off the lot with tax, title, and a few extra goodies, and if it’s going to be more than that, I have to consider my options."
I added in that I'm flexible with the timing, I'm open to other color combos, and I reiterated that I'm excited about the purchased and hoped I could get it from them. I am hoping to hear back in the coming days, but this isn't exactly confidence-inspiring.
I've heard anecdotally that a couple of competing dealerships in the general area have committed to MSRP, so I may contact one of them if it comes down to it. However, I'm open to any feedback. I don't really want to toss another $500 at another reservation, and even though I said I'd be patient, I'd hate to delay this even further.