What did the dealer offer?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hypothetical question: if I run into the dealership offering a package with stuff that I don’t want, is it a reasonable counter offer to state that I’m willing to pay for what I do want in terms of accessories? Do you think I have a leg to stand on?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hahahahahha. Manual transmission!!!
Greatest theft deterrent system,EVER.
Back in the 1980’s there were certain cars that you knew were mostly stick. Just about all import sports cars and my old favorite Saab. My uncle had a 1982 Saab 900S. I don’t know what the thief was thinking as they were 90+% stick back in those days. Saab did not make a good automatic transmission (I know I had one, it broke, and the one they replaced it with broke, and that one broke too - don’t worry, I only paid for 1 of them) The thief managed to steal it but only got about 2 miles away before every gear was stripped. So he took the radio and abandoned it. My uncle got a new transmission, a new window, ignition and radio for his insurance deductible. I’m sure he would’ve rather gotten a whole new car. Sometimes the manual transmission is not enough of a deterrent.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hypothetical question: if I run into the dealership offering a package with stuff that I don’t want, is it a reasonable counter offer to state that I’m willing to pay for what I do want in terms of accessories? Do you think I have a leg to stand on?
As long as they make a similar profit on your preferred accessories, they won’t mind you being happy :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Back in the 1980’s there were certain cars that you knew were mostly stick. Just about all import sports cars and my old favorite Saab. My uncle had a 1982 Saab 900S. I don’t know what the thief was thinking as they were 90+% stick back in those days. Saab did not make a good automatic transmission (I know I had one, it broke, and the one they replaced it with broke, and that one broke too - don’t worry, I only paid for 1 of them) The thief managed to steal it but only got about 2 miles away before every gear was stripped. So he took the radio and abandoned it. My uncle got a new transmission, a new window, ignition and radio for his insurance deductible. I’m sure he would’ve rather gotten a whole new car. Sometimes the manual transmission is not enough of a deterrent.
Agreed. If you think something is foolproof you havent met a determined fool:)
My old Dodge Neon was manual. An idiot broke into it, then broke the ignition and turned it on.
Only then, looked down and found out there is a strange third pedal and a shifter that made no sense...
Cost me $140 to fix the ignition, but the car was not taken!
So, not the perfect solution but a damn good one in my book:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
As long as they make a similar profit on your preferred accessories, they won’t mind you being happy :)
Hopefully my dealer agrees. I asked if I could swap the wheel locks and trunk tray for the equivalent valued pet trunk liner. Haven't heard back yet.
Thinking of that liner now; I vaguely recall seeing a postage stamp b&w image of it. Anyone know if it just covers the area behind the rear seats or the whole cargo area once the back seats are folded down?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would just tell them they can either take off the stuff that they added without asking, or you'll do it yourself, but you'll bill them for the work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I maintain that these dealerships know what they intend to charge, as well as any "mandatory" accessories they intend to tack on. I don't think any of us have aspirations of paying less than MSRP (aside from Acura graduate/vet/legacy offers a dealership may be able to include), so I don't think there's any risk of seeming "over eager" or coming on too strong. Ask ASAP if they'll sell the car at MSRP, and ask if they require mandatory accessories or add-ons. If they won't sell at MSRP, or if they stand firm on adding other "mandatory" things (tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, laser engraving, anti-theft, or anything else we don't necessarily want), then you've got plenty of time to sift through their competitors and find another dealership that'll commit to terms you're comfortable with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I maintain that these dealerships know what they intend to charge, as well as any "mandatory" accessories they intend to tack on. I don't think any of us have aspirations of paying less than MSRP (aside from Acura graduate/vet/legacy offers a dealership may be able to include), so I don't think there's any risk of seeming "over eager" or coming on too strong. Ask ASAP if they'll sell the car at MSRP, and ask if they require mandatory accessories or add-ons. If they won't sell at MSRP, or if they stand firm on adding other "mandatory" things (tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, laser engraving, anti-theft, or anything else we don't necessarily want), then you've got plenty of time to sift through their competitors and find another dealership that'll commit to terms you're comfortable with.
Great point!
That is exactly how it went with the two dealers I have contacted here in TN. Such info is exactly what I hoped we gather to support fellow Integra buyers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just read a Twitter post from another person who pre ordered from the same dealer. Hubler in Indianapolis is adding a 3% non negotiable market adjustment above MSRP. I emailed the dealer this evening for confirmation. I mentioned that I plan to get a few dealer upgrades, but I'm not going to entertain paying above MSRP. I won't hesitate to cancel my reservation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just read a Twitter post from another person who pre ordered from the same dealer. Hubler in Indianapolis is adding a 3% non negotiable market adjustment above MSRP. I emailed the dealer this evening for confirmation. I mentioned that I plan to get a few dealer upgrades, but I'm not going to entertain paying above MSRP. I won't hesitate to cancel my reservation.
Come over my way Columbia Acura Cincinnati.. Ask for Brian. MSRP on all vehicles and he even went and found me a lower interest rate without asking.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the heads up @BLank and welcome to the forum! Have you heard back from dealer? Which Integra do you want to get?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the heads up @BLank and welcome to the forum! Have you heard back from dealer? Which Integra do you want to get?
I did receive a reply this morning confirming the 3% mark-up above MSRP. I just got off the phone with a sales associate from Ayers Acura out of Ft. Wayne. He's going to send me some numbers. They don't mark-up for customers in their local market, but he couldn't confirm right away if I was in their market or not. I live about two hours away. Once I get those numbers I'll either move my reservation to them or contact the dealership out of Cincinnati that is about three hours away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I did receive a reply this morning confirming the 3% mark-up above MSRP. I just got off the phone with a sales associate from Ayers Acura out of Ft. Wayne. He's going to send me some numbers. They don't mark-up for customers in their local market, but he couldn't confirm right away if I was in their market or not. I live about two hours away. Once I get those numbers I'll either move my reservation to them or contact the dealership out of Cincinnati that is about three hours away.
What Integra trim and spec are you getting?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts