Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner

What did the dealer offer?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Unbiased subjective 6sp Aspec with tech impressions:

Baseline for my comparison is my 2013 328i sport line, moderately optioned.

Integra impressions:

Exterior: looks much better in person that in pics. Its appears narrower than the F30 but 3 inches longer. Somehow the 18 inch wheels look smallish for the body. The F30 came with 18' as well.

Interior: not convinced on the red interior after seeing it in person.The orchid color will get stained blue from your jeans. That, if they are using the same material as for the RDX and MDX seats. The ebony is closer to dark charcoal than to black.
Overall, the synthetic leather feels and looks cheaper than the Dakota leather in the F30. It's not bad, just cheaper.

The electronic dash is nice but personally, I would have preffered analog instruments. The individual mode allows for permanent start/stop defeat!:)
Need to look into some software to address all the lawyer popups on start up. The F30 could be coded to "customise" such things.

With less adjustments, the front seats are more comfortable than the sport seats in the F30. Took the same 270 degree turn at the airport with 20 mph and then 35mhp - no tire squeal and seat kept me nicely in place.

The 60/40 rear seats are nice size, comfortable for an adult. Space on the back is bigger than in an F30 with the driver seat adjusted for me. Baby seats will fit just fine.

The trunk is a very decent size. Its narrower than the F30 but with the seats down it would be very cargo friendly.

Driving impressions:
Engine sounds nice, angry around 4500rpm
Soundwise, switching from normal to sport setting for it didnt make much difference. Acceleration on first and second gear does not feel linear. It is the same with the gas paddle movement/response feel. Again, not bad, just different than the feel of the F30 2.0 turbo/ZF 8sp combo. When I got used to the gas pedal movement/response, it was actually fun to push the engine to 5000rpm before shifting. At 4500rpm, fast shifting run into rev hang. Slower shifts were fine. Power-wise, I did not find myself looking for more power. The power delivery from the 25% smaller than the F30 engine, is less linear. The Integra will require more acute attention to driving/power range/gear but also makes the car waaay more engaging to drive.

Steering: left it in normal mode. It felt light but precise and communicative. I have done the same with the F30 and steering feels much heavier in comparison. I prefer the Integra's feel.

Transmission/clutch - clutch is WAY to light. It catches very high. Got used to it quickly and like it. Transmission is exactly what you would expect from an Acura/Honda-one of the best

Suspension: very nicely calibrated, lots of lateral grip, very responsive in changing direction, minimal body roll. Not much of a felt-difference between sport and normal setting on nice roads.

Overall driving impression: the car feels smaller than the F30 and noticeably lighter. It is more nimble but at the expense of that "planted feeling" that the F30 has. It is a little noisier and overall feels cheaper. Again, not a deal breaker, considering the price point and inflation. The F30 was $48,500 msrp, 10 years ago...

If you got this far reading, you are very persistent!:)
Please be kind in your reply.
This is just my subjective impressions meant to assist others with making the right purchase for them.
Happy driving.

Overall, entry level luxury car the Integra is not.
But, a grin-inducing, practical, youth-restorer (I am 46), hell yeah!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Integra impressions…

… a grin-inducing, practical, youth-restorer (I am 46), hell yeah!
Thank you, Kurbel76, for your thoughtful post.

I've been looking for a fun manual transmission car for several years and my youth-restoration goal is to get to your age. I have callouses older than you.

There's no perfect driving solution (unless you own a stable of cars—and if you do, oh hell yeah!); every car I've driven from Genesis to BMW to Audi to Cadillac didn't attain my buyability threshold. On paper and from reviews (yours included) the Integra seems to be the one.

My blue/orchid should be in around July 4 and I'll test-drive the dealership's demo next week which should cement my decision. Again, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have not purchased yet (my reservation comes in next month) but:

Hendrick Acura (Charlotte, NC). MSRP + $1200 in add-ons + 699 admin/doc fee. I'll post here once everything is finalized, I have yet to pay full asking for any car even during this pricing wildness (including the car I helped my friend buy, this will be the 5th car purchase since Feb 2021, 4th brand new).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any Southern California purchases yet? I see 18 (in stock or in transit) A-Spec w/ tech packages in MT around my area, so that tells me that supply is high. I'm wondering what people are getting them for in my area since buyers have some leverage with higher numbers in stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Any Southern California purchases yet? I see 18 (in stock or in transit) A-Spec w/ tech packages in MT around my area, so that tells me that supply is high. I'm wondering what people are getting them for in my area since buyers have some leverage with higher numbers in stock.
Welcome to the forum @98Acord! Have you started reaching out to dealers about what they have in stock and if they have markups? Which model are you interested in getting?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is the new Integra going to be replacing your Accord?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @98Acord! Have you started reaching out to dealers about what they have in stock and if they have markups? Which model are you interested in getting?
I was at a Acura dealer in Montclair (Metro Acura). The sticker price was 50,800 for the A-Spec, Tech package with manual tranny. MSRP + approximately 13,500 in accessories (tint, 19" alloy wheels, alarm, mats, paint protectant, sport black package, can't remember every accessory). It was tagged sold. Not sure what seller has agreed to pay, but I'm just going off what I remember reading. Liquid Carbon Metallic with Ebony seats.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts