Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an update this week (4/11) from my salesman that they placed the order for my car during this month's allocation (monday). He said he would let me know within a few days once they have confirmation it's been accepted by Acura. My order is a blue A-spec w/ CVT, no tech package.

Anyone else get similar updates? Or maybe you had an order in the previous month's allocation?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got an update this week (4/11) from my salesman that they placed the order for my car during this month's allocation (monday). He said he would let me know within a few days once they have confirmation it's been accepted by Acura. My order is a blue A-spec w/ CVT, no tech package.

Anyone else get similar updates? Or maybe you had an order in the previous month's allocation?
I was supposed to get a update yesterday (every 2 weeks.) My salesman has the day off today. I know I wasn't included in the first allocations as they had 4 and I was number 6. I called later in the day since I usually hear something from him by noon. He told me he would call me back before they closed and he never did. Now I'm wondering if they were only allocated one car this month and he was worried about telling me or something

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't heard a thing. I ordered from a lower volume dealer and I bet that is why. We didn't see Civic SI's in my area until at least a month after some bigger dealerships got some. I bet I'm not seeing mine until June. I guess that's ok though. I don't really need it until July anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't heard a thing. I ordered from a lower volume dealer and I bet that is why. We didn't see Civic SI's in my area until at least a month after some bigger dealerships got some. I bet I'm not seeing mine until June. I guess that's ok though. I don't really need it until July anyway.
Wait, l just got an update by email.
Hi <>,
yours was ordered in the first allocation. They should be here in May. I'll keep you posted.

On a separate thread, I confirmed that the demo they will be receiving is indeed a manual.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Man I placed my reservation on 3/28. I guess I'm going to be waiting a while :(
Not necessarily - not everyone who reserved will end up taking delivery. Think about it - We are putting deposits on vehicles that we've never driven, we have never seen in person, we only have an idea of what MSRP will be, and we don't know if our dealers will add market adjustments, etc. There will be a significant percentage of reservations that are cancelled for those reasons.
You can ask your dealer who is ahead of you in line and if their reservation is for specs that are acceptable to you. If so, let your dealer know so you can swoop in, when someone decides to not take delivery.

I'm wondering how many they will actually build per month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not necessarily - not everyone who reserved will end up taking delivery. Think about it - We are putting deposits on vehicles that we've never driven, we have never seen in person, we only have an idea of what MSRP will be, and we don't know if our dealers will add market adjustments, etc. There will be a significant percentage of reservations that are cancelled for those reasons.
You can ask your dealer who is ahead of you in line and if their reservation is for specs that are acceptable to you. If so, let your dealer know so you can swoop in, when someone decides to not take delivery.

I'm wondering how many they will actually build per month.
Good answer, benza.

Regarding how many will get built, a lot depends on supply chain issues.

If reviewers and owners love the car after driving it (and seeing the actual price), demand should be strong, giving Acura the opportunity to continue the reservation process. In this case, those making reservations will be likely to buy the car but if, like AcuraZ, you're lower on the waiting list and the initial buyer goes broke backs out and you've given the Sales Manager a nice bottle of whiskey, you can swoop in and get the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just recieved my update. My dealer said that the first 3 allocations were accepted and confirmed. So with me being number 6 out of 20 realistically I would be looking at delivery around August. I think your location also plays a factor in when you would take delivery. Being in the Midwest myself, I expect to take delivery later than people on the coasts who reserved after me

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just recieved my update. My dealer said that the first 3 allocations were accepted and confirmed. So with me being number 6 out of 20 realistically I would be looking at delivery around August. I think your location also plays a factor in when you would take delivery. Being in the Midwest myself, I expect to take delivery later than people on the coasts who reserved after me
Why would those on the Coasts get priority? They are coming from OH.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, what a mess this roll out is. I was one of the first 500, got the NFT and my dealer was not allocated what I wanted, but ended up getting three other cars that are unspoken for but don't match the package I want. To rub salt in the wound, a dealer in a neighboring state has what I want available, unspoken for, but wants a markup on it. Is Acura flubbing this, or is it on the dealerships? Another dealer told me that most of the dealers forgot to place their order in time which is why many are only getting 3 cars instead of 30 likes the ones who were on the ball. Who knows? I may just get a Civic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, what a mess this roll out is. I was one of the first 500, got the NFT and my dealer was not allocated what I wanted, but ended up getting three other cars that are unspoken for but don't match the package I want. To rub salt in the wound, a dealer in a neighboring state has what I want available, unspoken for, but wants a markup on it. Is Acura flubbing this, or is it on the dealerships? Another dealer told me that most of the dealers forgot to place their order in time which is why many are only getting 3 cars instead of 30 likes the ones who were on the ball. Who knows? I may just get a Civic.
What kind of markup?
What happens if you get a refund, and do another reservation at a different dealership?

It seems that more Acura dealerships are not going the markup route. I'm hoping it is because Honda cares about itself more than the dealerships. Since Honda makes more on the Integra than it does on the Civic SI (another assumption) , the Integras should be more plentiful than Civic SI's.

My dealership won't say for sure, but is indicating that if there is a markup, it won't be much. It is the Manager of the dealership that is handling the reservations at the dealership I'm working with, and not a salesman. I'm ready to walk if the Apec/Tech Integra is more than 35K + destination anyway.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.