Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Nice. I am hoping that the heated wheel has stitching that matches the rest of the interior depending on what color you went with. (I know it's a minor quibble, but I'd be a little bummed if they all came with black stitching as a one-size-fits-all solution.)
I got the the heated stearing wheel for my 6MT model, but it came with black stitching and the dealer charged $850 to buy and install it.

Registered
I got the the heated stearing wheel for my 6MT model, but it came with black stitching and the dealer charged $850 to buy and install it.
Yeah鈥 that stings a bit. The heated wheel was not available at the dealership when I purchased the car; I may tough it out this winter and see if color-matched stitching options become available later on. (Canada gets 鈥榚m standard on the A-Spec Tech, so they technically do exist!)

Registered
I think someone (maybe more than one person) was trying to source one through Canada with color-matched stitching and it sounded like they weren't getting very far. If someone shared a way to get one, I'd probably order.
Same, tbh.

Although I have to say, over my time owning the car, my perspective on the vehicle overall has shifted a bit in terms of what I consider "entry-level luxury" -- and as a result, I'm starting to feel like the heated wheel might be less important for me personally than I had first thought. Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't get me wrong, I still think it'd be a really nice thing to have, but the overall driving experience regularly reminds me (in both good ways and in less-than-good ways), that this is a more fully-featured, somewhat nicer Civic. I still love the car, I still love the engagement, the stereo is KILLER, I surprisingly really appreciate the HUD, etc., etc. -- but because it's kinda noisy and not a full-on luxury sedan (which is admittedly not the point of the car), I find myself not caring much about all of the amenities that I once thought were really important, or even noticing when niceties like a heated steering wheel are "missing," per se.

Registered
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech PWP; 2019 RDX Advance; 2013 Ford C-Max Energi
not a full-on luxury sedan
This.

I really like the car too, but I don't think it compares to a Mercedes or a Lexus or a Jaguar. And I'm fine with that.

They made it lightweight and low to the ground to support planned driving dynamics. I think they delivered on that, but a number of things were sacrificed, some of which I really miss. And I think they were building to a price point.

I'd still call it entry-level luxury, or mid-lux. It's only slightly more luxurious than my 10 year older Ford C-Max (it has leather!) but it is a totally different car. I confess I bought into the Integra-hype a bit, and the test drive was underwhelming. But I bought anyway, and enjoy every day I drive it.

Registered
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
It's only slightly more luxurious than my 10 year older Ford C-Max (it has leather!)
Wait, what? You managed to get an integra with leather? I've still not heard back from katzkin about replacing these horrible seats with actual leather, so if there's another option, I'd love to hear about it!

But, amen to everything else posted here. If I could change anything about the car, it would be the comfort level. I think Acura under-estimated how many of the buyers would be people who just want a luxury car with a stick. I could not care less about the suspension other than wishing it had a mode that made it soft. I didn't have a non-adjustabloe-suspension option since the the manual transmission was a requirement. If there had been an option, I'd have taken it. I also would've easily tacked on a lot of money to get factory leather for the interior.

Registered
an integra with leather?
LOL - The Ford has leather seating surfaces. Yep, wish I could have had it in my Integra, but I'm not sure I would pay $1500 more for it.

Another thought on this subject, is once again, this is how it always has been with Acura.

As sweet a car that the early 90s Legend is, not many (no one in their right mind!) would claim it is the equal of the contemporary Mercedes E-Class.

Registered
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
As sweet a car that the early 90s Legend is, not many (no one in their right mind!) would claim it is the equal of the contemporary Mercedes E-Class.
Ummm... that's a bizarre comparison. Who on earth would cross-shop these two cars? And, also, how do 90s cars relate to the current ones?

Registered
He may have meant the Legend鈥檚 contemporary E-class at the time (the W124, I think?).

Neither of these videos cover the Mercedes specifically, but I鈥檓 surprised and also a bit amused by how these reviews seem to hit a lot of the same beats that I鈥檓 used to in current Integra review videos. 馃槄 (Side note: guess I鈥檓 gonna watch MotorWeek retro reviews all day now. 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔)

Registered
bizarre comparison
Thank you! I pride myself on the bizarre!
But seriously, the Legend and the 300E were both midsized luxury cars in the 90s. And we hear about the Integra positioning against the Merc CLA.

Acura was newish at the time only haven been out since the 80s. While Mercedes Benz was well established before the first Honda branded cars were introduced. So it's a comparison of old luxury versus new luxury.

My point is that all luxury is not created equal. And Acura (an enhanced Honda) is a step below some more premium luxury brands.

Personally, I used my Integra to replace a BMW 128i (not it's most luxurious offering). IMO, the BMW was a better car in many normal measurable ways, including luxury. But personally, I like the Integra more, even though it is slower and doesn't have as nice of seats.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts