Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some honest assessments from enthusiasts.

My situation: I specced our a "dream car" last year - Porsche Taycan GTS. It was supposed to be delivered in June, but then got delayed twice to August, then it arrived and was put on a stop-sale due to missing components. It's still sitting on the dealer lot waiting for parts with no idea of when those parts will arrive.

Meanwhile, my wife is pregnant with twins and we're expecting them in the next few weeks. I've got a ton of pressure now to get a car. I put a deposit on a blue/orchid A Spec 6MT at MSRP. I can go pick it up tomorrow.

From a practicality standpoint, it fits all my needs: car seats fit, good trunk, good fuel economy.

My question is: how enjoyable is it really? I'm coming from an ND1 MX5 and I was pretty happy with it except how lousy the road noise was and useless stereo. Would you guys say the Integra is just as fun as the MX5? Do you ever find yourselves wanting a little more? How does it compare against a GTI?

I'm not expecting Porsche levels of excitement, but I want something to keep me happy until I can wait for another custom order to be built if I have to drop this one.

·
Registered
Integra A-Spec Tech Pkg 6M Liquid Carbon over Red
165 Posts
The GTI and MX5 were both possibilties for me. I drove a GTI, which was really fun. It was faster, for sure. But I have really enjoyed the Integra’s engine snarl (I switch to Sport mode automatically now), super sharp handling, and steering now I’ve gotten used to how heavy the steering is.
My bro in law bought a new GTI and I drove it, and I don’t regret my choice. Slow car fast, and I think the stick is more satisfying to use (though its placement to the right of center is a little odd to me).
I hope this helps, and congratulations on the incoming twins! 🥳

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Macan S and, ironically, a blue/orchid Integra 6MT. I love our Macan, it sounds like a sports car on start up, the PDK is amazing for an automatic, and the quality of all components mechanical and interior are superb. The Integra is more fun to drive by a mile.
Take it on a substantial test drive and see how you feel. While not Miata level, the Integra is a fairly fun but loud car.
If you want something bigger or more premium, I bet you could swap to the Taycan fairly inexpensively once ready. Used Integras are going for the same price as new.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Can't go wrong with either approach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm talking myself in circles, I think. I cancelled my deposit yesterday since I had gotten bored with my MK6 GTI's level of performance, but now I'm cycling back to the idea that I will be able to light it up all the time with an LSD and still get 30+ MPG like I did in the MX5. I really loved beating the absolute shit out of my Miata because I had it paid off and didn't care about the cost of repairs.

Unfortunately the car is a 3 hour drive from me so taking it for a test drive requires a ton of investment. I drove a CVT locally and liked it enough, though, but my local dealer is a price-gouging bullshitter so I won't be doing business with them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm talking myself in circles, I think. I cancelled my deposit yesterday since I had gotten bored with my MK6 GTI's level of performance, but now I'm cycling back to the idea that I will be able to light it up all the time with an LSD and still get 30+ MPG like I did in the MX5. I really loved beating the absolute shit out of my Miata because I had it paid off and didn't care about the cost of repairs.

Unfortunately the car is a 3 hour drive from me so taking it for a test drive requires a ton of investment. I drove a CVT locally and liked it enough, though, but my local dealer is a price-gouging bullshitter so I won't be doing business with them.
I can't vouch much for the other qualities of the Integra. I did test drive a Manual back in late May and I can attest, that the transmission is a good one. I ordered a blue/orchid Integra, back when the ordering opened up. I didn't buy it when the dealer mentioned the markup (that brought the OTD price to 44K) that he promised back in March would be a 3 digit number if at all. As dealers near me start to drop the price below MSRP, I am again intrigued. I, myself ordered a 2022 330e xDrive back in Early June with a target delivery of early August. Then early August, became late August, and late August became early September, and Early September became late September, and that meant that my 90 day 3.5% financing lock would expire, (I was presented with a 6% rate), and they refused to discount it even though customers were already taking delivery of 2023's, so I walked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts