Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have front passenger side door rattle?
It sounds like a small rock vibrating on a tin can and it only starts to rattle after a good 20-30min of driving.
And it's especially bad going around 25mph-45mph.
Took it to the dealership's service, they looked at the heat shields and in that general area and pretty much found nothing wrong.
They also put some padding inside the dashboard then I took a drive with them and seemed like the rattle was gone.
But after 30min of driving the rattle is back... it seems like rattle is coming from inside the door panel TBH...
Any idea how to get this fixed so I don't go insane... this rattle is unbearable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the ELS ones and they seem to work fine on the door that rattles.
I will have to go back to the dealership to get it looked at again.
I don't think I want to open up the door panel myself on a brand new car.
Also, just took a night drive to see if I can cope with the rattle but no way in hell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For sure have them fix it. I had a car with a rattle like that once. After I had it taken care of, it was so much nicer. If you try to live with it, that will drive you crazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds like a small rock vibrating on a tin can and it only starts to rattle after a good 20-30min of driving.
Took it to the dealership's service, they looked at the heat shields and in that general area and pretty much found nothing wrong.
They also put some padding inside the dashboard then I took a drive with them and seemed like the rattle was gone.
But after 30min of driving the rattle is back... it seems like rattle is coming from inside the door panel TBH...
Any idea how to get this fixed so I don't go insane... this rattle is unbearable
I'm experiencing the same thing. Door rattle in the passenger door and I know it isn't the ELS speakers because it happens when the speakers are off. Going to the dealership on Saturday hoping they'll have an answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a rattle that matches your description perfectly however its right beside me in the driver door, kinda sounds like in the panel the seat belt comes out of, def need to get it looked into.

Anyone elses dashboard or headliner make a "buzz" with the engine idling? so annoying too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm experiencing the same thing. Door rattle in the passenger door and I know it isn't the ELS speakers because it happens when the speakers are off. Going to the dealership on Saturday hoping they'll have an answer.
Hope you get it fixed. I've went into my dealer twice already and they still couldn't fix it. They padded the dash at first... didn't fix the problem... then second time I went in they padded A pillar when I specifically told them sound is coming from door panel.. anyhow, mine is still NOT fixed.. good luck with yours

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a rattle that matches your description perfectly however its right beside me in the driver door, kinda sounds like in the panel the seat belt comes out of, def need to get it looked into.

Anyone elses dashboard or headliner make a "buzz" with the engine idling? so annoying too.
Is your door rattle always there? or does it start after driving for a bit ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts