Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every time I open my hatch, the right handle insert is either hanging loose or it falls into the trunk. I've inspected the part and the opening and both are pristine. No cracks or broken clips. It doesn't really snap back into place, but it holds without moving at least for me to close the hatch. The left insert is snug and doesn't move at all.

It popped out once shortly after I got the car (in June), but didn't start regularly happening until the weather turned cold... I get the science, but it's frustrating. I'll talk to the service department about it when I take the car in for the first oil change, but I was curious if anyone else has had this experience.

To me, it almost looks like the sheet metal is blocking the plastic clips from completely clicking into place. But I'm no engineer...

Grille Hood Automotive tire Blue Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive lighting Blue Automotive design Grille

· Registered
10 Posts
Mine was doing that too on the exact same side. The insert looked good, but when I'd snap it back into place, it would never give a good snap, until one day. Not sure if it was warm temps that expanded the plastic a bit more, but it finally gave me a good snap and it's been holding strong for the last month or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts