Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Look, I don't care what tire you use, but I was curious how grip could be superior on those tires as you claimed. Then you claimed they aren't Chinese, which they absolutely are; Sentury is a Chinese company that makes these tires in Thailand. They're in the same basement class as Westlake, Milestar, Nexen, etc. IMO tires made by Chinese companies suck when it comes to tread life, grip, road manners, etc. and I'd be surprised if these are an exception to the rule. You get what you pay for with tires.

Anyways, the tires I ordered finally arrived. Normally I prefer Pilot Sports and Conti ECS over P-Zeros, but these were priced so low that I couldn't pass them up. Will have these proper summer tires mounted this week :).

Idk why but I think it's even funnier now ,that you laugh at my not Chinese tires,and you're super excited about some 5 year old tires? No wonder they were priced so low. Those should hit the recycling plant rather than a car. They pulled one on you. 馃拃馃拃馃拃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Idk why but I think it's even funnier now ,that you laugh at my not Chinese tires,and you're super excited about some 5 year old tires? No wonder they were priced so low. Those should hit the recycling plant rather than a car. They pulled one on you. 馃拃馃拃馃拃
It鈥檚 4 years and that鈥檚 fine by me since I鈥檓 planning to swap the car for the Type S in a year or two. If I end up tracking the car in the spring these tires aren鈥檛 going to last more than a year anyways.

Given a choice I鈥檇 still take proper summer tires that are 8 years old over your new Chinesium tires.

Registered
C'mon guys. Don't make us pull this forum over.

@209teggy -- I did want to ask about the specs on your wheels. I'm interested in potentially picking up a set of dedicated 17s for a summertime setup, and was wondering about the width/offset/weight of your wheels. Looks like they are Team Dynamics.

Currently, the Contis are off my car and the stock wheels are currently set up with Blizzaks. They howl a bit at highway speeds, but that's not super surprising; I'm excited to see how they do in winter contitions.

Registered
C'mon guys. Don't make us pull this forum over.

@209teggy -- I did want to ask about the specs on your wheels. I'm interested in potentially picking up a set of dedicated 17s for a summertime setup, and was wondering about the width/offset/weight of your wheels. Looks like they are Team Dynamics.

Currently, the Contis are off my car and the stock wheels are currently set up with Blizzaks. They howl a bit at highway speeds, but that's not super surprising; I'm excited to see how they do in winter contitions.
They are.TDR pro race 1.2
17x8 +38

Registered
I drove over a pothole and had to buy a used tire. It sucks that the integra doesn't have a spare tire. I drove to the nearest tire shop at 7pm hoping it was open and it was. All of the other tire shops were closed. I ended up buying one used tire. It's bothering me right now that I have 3 new tires and one used tired. I haven't even had the car for a month. :(

Registered
I drove over a pothole and had to buy a used tire. It sucks that the integra doesn't have a spare tire. I drove to the nearest tire shop at 7pm hoping it was open and it was. All of the other tire shops were closed. I ended up buying one used tire. It's bothering me right now that I have 3 new tires and one used tired. I haven't even had the car for a month. :(
Welcome @memo90061 sorry to hear about your tire. Which tire did you have to replace? Was there any damage to the rim?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts