Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 23 base integra. I just noticed the speaker behind the audio/info screen. There also seems to be some sort of button/sensor on it. I can’t find any info on this area in the manual. Anyone know if this area is in the manual? Or what this specific speaker and sensor/button does? Is it just a regular speaker or does it have a different function?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. Couldn’t find any info anywhere. I love it. Considered upgrading to Aspec Tech but when I saw that all trims had same engine performance, I went with the base trim. Many people in my area didn’t know the Integra was back and I get many comments. Fun toy to drive for sure.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @Mr. O welcome to the forum. I think it's just the mid range speaker that's there. How are you liking your Integra so far?

View attachment 2297
Hey @Mr. O welcome to the forum. I think it's just the mid range speaker that's there. How are you liking your Integra so far?

View attachment 2297
Thanks so much. Couldn’t find any info anywhere. I love it. Considered upgrading to Aspec Tech but when I saw that all trims had same engine performance, I went with the base trim. Many people in my area didn’t know the Integra was back and I get many comments. Fun toy to drive for sure.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

View attachment 2297
…no sound comes out of that speaker. The base comes with 8 speakers. Each door has a full range and there is a pair of tweeters in front and back. Which equals 8. That speaker behind the info screen has no sound. Maybe was left that way so I could add one if I want to? I’m gonna take my car to Acura to find out whats going on…

· Registered
Integra A-Spec Tech Pkg 6M Liquid Carbon over Red
184 Posts
…no sound comes out of that speaker. The base comes with 8 speakers. Each door has a full range and there is a pair of tweeters in front and back. Which equals 8. That speaker behind the info screen has no sound. Maybe was left that way so I could add one if I want to? I’m gonna take my car to Acura to find out whats going on…
Let us know what you find out - I’m curious what it is. Could be for cooling? And the “button” could be some kind of light sensor? Just talking out my ass since I don’t know 😅

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...thanks @Rainbrounicorn and @Leehro! I am new to this Integra Talk community and appreciate the pro-activeness. I will definitely be using this as a first time Acura owner. I will report back once I visit my Acura dealer. I am not just going in for this reason. I ordered a spare tire and spare tire kit as well. Once they come in, I can ask about the speaker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts