Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner

What fuel grade will you use in your Integra?

• Regular (87)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mid-grade (89-90)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Premium (91-94)

Votes: 9 69.2%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flash memory Rectangle Font Computer data storage Gas pump

I was talking to my friend about the price of gas and he was telling me how he's started fuelling his cars with regular or mid grade gas after primarily using premium. I told him that I always stick to the recommended fuel for my cars regardless of price. So in the case of the Integra, if the fuel recommendation is 91 for the turbocharged engine will you stick with it or will you use a different grade? Add your response below and let's see what the results are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ll do the recommended. If they say other grades are acceptable, I may experiment to see how it affects fuel economy and power.
I never understood the people around me complaining that they have to use higher octane. The spread is only 10 cents per grade here, and pre-pandemic they drove less than I did. At $5.79 for 87 and $5.99 for 91, it’s only 3% more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My first car with a turbocharged engine was a 1981 Saab 900 Turbo. That was the last year that Saabs didn't have APC (Automatic Performance Control). Without the aid of computerized engine management, I found the Saab to do fine on Regular in colder weather. It was the hot months that the engine was unhappy on regular. I don't know if the same logic can be applied today - but I am more likely to use Regular gas in the cooler months, and premium in the warmer months because of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts