Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've put my pre-order in already. But I have to wonder if I should wait for the type S announcement to see if its worth it.

With the TLX, the MSRP price gap from the base car $38,500 to the Type S $55,500, so around $16,500!

If the its like the TLX it would be a $5k premium over the the $50k TLX advanced trim to get less features.

If the base Integra starts at $30k, One could expect the Type S trim to be in the $40k range.

The other speculation I have is what are the chance it gets an auto transmission or SH-AWD?

Afterall, what more could they do to the Integra, put in the 2.0 from the tlx and detune it possibly. Add Sh-awd, and pair it with a dual clutch transmission.

For the end result of less fuel economy, heavier car, and slightly faster than the A-spec.

It it was a $5k premium, a $500 Hondata tune to make the 1.5t a faster car looks like a pretty good deal to me!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Personally, I would be debating the same. I would want the type S to be an engine upgrade only. I don't want any gaudy huge wing, or 20 inch wheels, or a side skirt package. I don't want a louder exhaust. Give me the Integra ASpec Tech 6MT with a 2.0T making TLX or even Accord horsepower and torque numbers and nothing else (well, ok, if you must, I'll take SH-AWD), and you got my 40K.

And yes, I'm with you that the Hondata, or Ktuner tune would probably be all I need to be happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 07 FA5 has 170K miles, still going strong but eventually I'll be looking for a replacement, though I will miss the K20Z3 8,300RPM

I will only consider a manual transmission, 4dr, fun to drive

top of my list is the new Civic Type R

unless they decided to make an Integra Type S...

I normally do not purchase the first model year, let them work out the bugs first

so a 2024 Civic Type R or Integra Type S for me

patience is a virtue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts