Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner

Sooo for all my CVT owners, how do you like it?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  selfidor 
#1 · (Edited)
Yoo guys. Still on the fence on which transmission to get. I had a manual FRS and it was a love/hate relationship. I loved it blasting through gears on weekends but sometimes after a long day of work I just wanted a mellow ride and LA traffic sucks. -> If you are interested in that thread -> Anyone else having a hard time deciding between the....

Now that the car has been out for a bit, how are real owners liking the CVT?

EDIT: Also does it have simulated gears in normal/comfort or only sport?

#2 ·
I have the CVT; love it. My kid has a 22 civic hb CVT and they are NOT the same. while yes it's simulated gear shifts, its smooth and you genuinely couldn't tell it's not a standard auto/cvt unless you knew. Once you hit 2-3000 RPM's it's literally super smooth and keeps speed very well. Albeit I'm not at 600 miles yet so I haven't thrown it into sport or individual, I did test drive a non tech cvt on Friday before my purchase and threw it into sport. Same output, same smooth "shifting" and once you get past 50MPH or so, the power was right there in the turbo.

I 100% see the thrill and want for a manual for that more "engaged" drive. Having a CVT isn't as engaging (unless you use the paddle shifters for fun). I would tell anyone getting the CVT or considering it, you won't really be disappointed unless you originally had your heart set on a stick.

#3 ·
I have the CVT; love it. My kid has a 22 civic hb CVT and they are NOT the same. while yes it's simulated gear shifts, its smooth and you genuinely couldn't tell it's not a standard auto/cvt unless you knew. Once you hit 2-3000 RPM's it's literally super smooth and keeps speed very well. Albeit I'm not at 600 miles yet so I haven't thrown it into sport or individual, I did test drive a non tech cvt on Friday before my purchase and threw it into sport. Same output, same smooth "shifting" and once you get past 50MPH or so, the power was right there in the turbo.

I 100% see the thrill and want for a manual for that more "engaged" drive. Having a CVT isn't as engaging (unless you use the paddle shifters for fun). I would tell anyone getting the CVT or considering it, you won't really be disappointed unless you originally had your heart set on a stick.
Ahh so even in normal mode it simulates the gears?

Thank you so much for your response!

#4 ·
Definitely wondering about the Integra CVT after having driven Nissan's for 14 years. With Nissan it felt like only a matter of time before the transmission was going to implode. All those class action lawsuits and people posting in the forums.

#5 ·
Over the summer I rented a '22 Accord EX-L with the 1.5 and CVT. I know the Accord and Integra engines are a bit different and have unique tunes, but the Accord was nice and smooth and plenty quick for a car its size. But what was amazing was passing cars on the highway, accelerating from about 55 to 75. When I punched the Accord it would start moving as the transmission went to a lower ratio and then at about 60-65, the car just took off at a very surprising rate of acceleration for a 1.5 four running at that speed. It almost felt like a healthy VTEC crossover. I assume it was the transmission finding the optimum ratio for the spooled up turbo, but whatever it was, it was fun. If the 10% lighter, higher hp Integra with CVT can do that trick too, it would be a blast to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.