Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner

Took delivery last night - first thoughts

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  redblueyes 
#1 ·
I closed the dealership but finally took delivery last evening. Liquid Carbon over Red with the 6M.

Pros:
  • Has plenty of pep for me. Reminds me of my ‘11 Saab 9-5 in a way - turbocharged stick fun. Probably a similar power to weight ratio.
  • Sharp handling and nice stick shift
  • Driver sear is very adjustable and comfortable. Like getting a nice suede hug.
  • Heads up display is something I never knew I wanted. Had to use Nav (Carplay) and it was great having my directions in my line of sight.
  • Auto highbeams work quickly and smartly. Huge improvement over my ‘18 Odyssey, which was lethargic enough I don’t even use them.

Cons:
  • Love electrochromic rearview mirror, but no side mirrors to match is a pain. Several times last night wishing for them.
  • Steering in normal still feels too heavy. I will play more with settings as I own, and I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
  • Headlights in a straight line were good (highbeams amazing) but around corners had odd cutoffs that prevented good sight ahead especially on the right side.

I’ll update as I have more time to drive and poke around.

See less See more
#6 ·
Hello. I'm new to this forum, first post. Mine arrives this week, can't wait. One question I've had, and your comment make me more curious. What do you mean by electrochromic rearview mirror? I've wondered how easy it is to see through the cover on the hatch. Of all the videos I've watched I haven't seen it mentioned. Are you saying it's not really the view through the cover, but more of a camera view rearview mirror?

#7 ·
electrochromic rearview mirror
This is when the mirror darkens if there are bright lights reflecting. It's to reduce glare. Cars used to have a day/night lever that would do this, but not as cool! Some also have this feature on side-view mirrors. I think it's only on the rear-view for the Integra.

how easy it is to see through the cover on the hatch
I find it's a narrow view out the rear window. It's fine for me, but you wouldn't be able to see passengers in a tall vehicle that was close behind you. I've gone to folding down the rear seat and removing the hatch cover, but that won't work for everyone. So while it is narrow, it's wide enough, and of course there's the rear camera and proximity sensors when backing up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.