Acura Integra Forum - Yes it's Back! banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Everyone is comparing the Integra to the Civic Si. I get the desire for that comparison for those in the market for that, but literally no one has released a comparison of the Integra to the Sport Touring Civic? Why?

Was this an NDA type thing? Embargo? Are those gifted with the opportunity to showcase the Integra not allowed to make this comparison? These are the most obvious cross-shoppable vehicles, as the civic sport touring has 90% of what the Integra does minus 20 HP (on paper).

I for one was never interested in an Si (no hate at all). I wanted a Hatch. I wanted a Manual. I wanted something better than a base model car.

Why hasn't any YouTube reviewer been able to do this?
The integra has the SI power train....that's why

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Practicality may be your main reason for purchasing an Integra, it was not mine. I suppose the point is we are enjoying our Integras for what we bought them for! :cool:
Sorry didn't mean to offend but there are more sporty cars out there for this price. And yes, we are (y)

The integra has the SI power train....that's why
So does the Sport Touring. It's literally the same engine and transmission. They tuned it down 20HP? I don't think so, but if they did, easy fix.

Not so different, eh?

Sport Touring 5-door HatchbackFWD6M7.3 sec15.5 sec @ 91 mphCar and Driv
A-Spec w/Technology SedanFWD6M7.0 sec15.3 sec @ 93 mphCar and Driver
A-Spec w/Technology SedanFWD6M7.6 sec15.6 sec @ 91.4 mphMotor Trend

· Registered
29 Posts
Sorry didn't mean to offend but there are more sporty cars out there for this price. And yes, we are (y)

So does the Sport Touring. It's literally the same engine and transmission. They tuned it down 20HP? I don't think so, but if they did, easy fix.
No sorry.wrong there.
The civic ST has the l15b7,so not the Si/ integra power train

· Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for correcting me, but what makes the engine/trans any better in the Integra over the ST if they have similar performance numbers?
Turbos ,bearings,cranks,pistons,rods,etc.....lots of different parts. Forged internals if I recall too. LSD is big plus. Only integra manual and SI have it. Nothing else. So there's major differences. Not just 20 hp.

· Registered
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
86 Posts
Yeah, I will say I was kinda "whatever" about the LSD, but after having driven my 6MT ILX 2.4 for 7 years, and then driving this, it makes a huge difference. The engines have a very different power curve, and I honestly preferred the NA engine, but under hard acceleration when the turbo (finally) kicks in, you can tell the difference.

· Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I will say I was kinda "whatever" about the LSD, but after having driven my 6MT ILX 2.4 for 7 years, and then driving this, it makes a huge difference. The engines have a very different power curve, and I honestly preferred the NA engine, but under hard acceleration when the turbo (finally) kicks in, you can tell the difference.
LSD for me is huge part of why I elect the SI and integra as commuters since 2012 .
That's part of what makes em the funbox they are. Makes the commutes more enjoyable as that's part of life for me. So if I'm on the road so much why not make the best of it with something that's enjoyable and can be driven. Sure there are much faster and stronger cars,but it's funner to drive a 4 banger hard than drive a v8 softly. No fun in that. No matter how you slice it up.

· Registered
12 Posts
Is it really 20HP?
Err, just so there’s no confusion, the 20-HP difference is referring to the Sport Touring’s 180hp to the Integra’s 200hp. Which is why, in combination to its high price & limited availability, the Sport Touring gets glazed over for the Integra among other cars, which loses its cross-shopping appeal- unless you just really like the Civic’s styling or just really need its slightly more functional hatch design, which is too niche of a market to justify a fully-detailed comparison. Oh, and you also don’t mind waiting weeks/months of allocation and getting robbed by the stealerships’ markups

That’s really all there is to it- no YouTube review needed

I’m aware the Si and Integra have the same power train, and I do agree that on paper and in the current market, the Integra is the smarter buy vs the Si. YouTubers naturally compared the Si because of the big question that was everyone’s mind: “is the driving experience identical or different enough to justify the higher MSRP?” answering those kinds of questions is what gets likes & subscribes

· Registered
29 Posts
Err, just so there’s no confusion, the 20-HP difference is referring to the Sport Touring’s 180hp to the Integra’s 200hp. Which is why, in combination to its high price & limited availability, the Sport Touring gets glazed over for the Integra among other cars, which loses its cross-shopping appeal- unless you just really like the Civic’s styling or just really need its slightly more functional hatch design, which is too niche of a market to justify a fully-detailed comparison. Oh, and you also don’t mind waiting weeks/months of allocation and getting robbed by the stealerships’ markups

That’s really all there is to it- no YouTube review needed

I’m aware the Si and Integra have the same power train, and I do agree that on paper and in the current market, the Integra is the smarter buy vs the Si. YouTubers naturally compared the Si because of the big question that was everyone’s mind: “is the driving experience identical or different enough to justify the higher MSRP?” answering those kinds of questions is what gets likes & subscribes
This and basically the integra even in CVT form is practically the only way to get an "automatic" Si. Because that's the only way you get the civic si engine . No other civic that's badged civic gets it. So essentially that's kind of a plus. On top of which ,in essence the base model integra ,is basically the touring civic. As far as amenities and stuff. To an extent. Not identical but similar.

Plus and here's a big plus that no one ever talks about or probably knows but, why buy the civic when for the same dollar amount you get the integra AND here's the big one ,a better factory warranty without having to purchase extra warranty.
You also tend to get treated better at Acura dealers when it comes to service vs Honda.
Just little things here and there.
The civic headlights are cool but the cutoff of the integra is superior. Looks better too.
Just a few things I don't see many talk about. On top of that I think the integra just got top honors for safety.

· Registered
139 Posts
Sorry for being late to the argument er... debate? But I thought I'd share some of the insights I gained during my buying process.

We Ohioans seem to be a little more spoiled in Civic availability (at least we were at the beginning of 2022) and I got the chance to check out a 6MT Sport Touring (Sonic Grey) and a 2020 and 2022 Si's (White and Sonic Grey, respectively) with a dealership selling at MSRP. The only car I didn't get to drive was the 2022 Si. The ST Civic was great, and I particularly like it with the HPD package. It may not be functional, but it's a great-looking add-on spoiler, in my opinion. As for the transmission, it is (and felt) very different from the 2020 Si. The throws were noticeably longer, the gate was wider/looser--overall, it felt much less connected. SavageGeese did a review of an Accord in 6MT (Redline might've as well) and their takeaways on the transmission were similar to mine from the Civic. It was a test drive, so I didn't drive it in a spirited manner, but others have gone deep into the benefits of the LSD and I think it's worthwhile to have one, depending on how you intend to drive.

Personally, I wanted a Civic Si (mainly for nostalgia) but couldn't get beyond how many features were cut from the 2022 model compared to the 2020 model. The interior of each Si also felt much more economy-class than the ST, and that was hard to look beyond. The shifter in the 2020 model felt great, and reviews of the 2022 Si shifter have unanimously said it is as good/better. I could've bought the 2020 Si with 12,000 miles for ~$31,000 (love those used car markups) with the Certified warranty, or the 2022 Si with 0 miles at MSRP. I ultimately decided to wait a few extra months for the 6MT Integra, For me, the MSRP price difference between the Si and the Integra was worth it given the extra features. I think you'd have to be crazy to pay $35k+ for the 2022 Si when it seems relatively easy to get the Integra at MSRP.

In hindsight, I would've taken the Si home and driven it for a few months had I known I could've traded it in for more than its purchase price, but still would've aimed to land in the Integra.

· Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for being late to the argument er... debate? But I thought I'd share some of the insights I gained during my buying process.

We Ohioans seem to be a little more spoiled in Civic availability (at least we were at the beginning of 2022) and I got the chance to check out a 6MT Sport Touring (Sonic Grey) and a 2020 and 2022 Si's (White and Sonic Grey, respectively) with a dealership selling at MSRP. The only car I didn't get to drive was the 2022 Si. The ST Civic was great, and I particularly like it with the HPD package. It may not be functional, but it's a great-looking add-on spoiler, in my opinion. As for the transmission, it is (and felt) very different from the 2020 Si. The throws were noticeably longer, the gate was wider/looser--overall, it felt much less connected. SavageGeese did a review of an Accord in 6MT (Redline might've as well) and their takeaways on the transmission were similar to mine from the Civic. It was a test drive, so I didn't drive it in a spirited manner, but others have gone deep into the benefits of the LSD and I think it's worthwhile to have one, depending on how you intend to drive.

Personally, I wanted a Civic Si (mainly for nostalgia) but couldn't get beyond how many features were cut from the 2022 model compared to the 2020 model. The interior of each Si also felt much more economy-class than the ST, and that was hard to look beyond. The shifter in the 2020 model felt great, and reviews of the 2022 Si shifter have unanimously said it is as good/better. I could've bought the 2020 Si with 12,000 miles for ~$31,000 (love those used car markups) with the Certified warranty, or the 2022 Si with 0 miles at MSRP. I ultimately decided to wait a few extra months for the 6MT Integra, For me, the MSRP price difference between the Si and the Integra was worth it given the extra features. I think you'd have to be crazy to pay $35k+ for the 2022 Si when it seems relatively easy to get the Integra at MSRP.

In hindsight, I would've taken the Si home and driven it for a few months had I known I could've traded it in for more than its purchase price, but still would've aimed to land in the Integra.
I got both and ultimately kept the integra.
I got both for MSRP as well.

· Registered
4 Posts
I’m new here and had to laugh at this being near the top of the forum because I just placed my integra order and the leading car I considered as an alternative was the Civic sport Touring(or sticking more with my past cars and going bmw) but ultimately I decided I didn’t want to have FOMO about the LSD or the adjustable settings. I love the boost blue, I like that the civic has the same interior space while having slightly smaller exterior dimensions, I like the front end of the civic, the interior is also nice. But they’re hard to find and I think the integra will scratch the itch better over time with those extra niceties.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Though I'm happy with the integra, kind of rustled by 2 things.

1. The civic has a spare tire. Should be standard on every car or at least an option at the dealer.
2. Rear wiper standard on the civic. My integra's does get dirty and it's a bit annoying.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts